Monday, February 12, 2007

Krakow - Take two

It took several months from that initial meeting with my director to actually get me to Krakow. I finally came for my first visit in early November 2006.

My new manager in Poland told me the purpose of that November trip was for me to decide whether I liked Krakow, and whether I would like to come here to live for two years. What he doesn't know, is that I'd made up my mind the minute the possibility of the job was first mentioned.

On my first trip in November, I sprained my ankle badly in my first two hours of walking around the lovely old town, and it both snowed and rained heavily in a 24 hours period. None of that mattered. I was hooked on Krakow before the taxi even left the airport.

I'm back now for my second visit. I've been here for just over a week, and I already feel at home. I could tell you I am in love with Krakow (I am), and how great everyone at work is (they are), but that won't make for very interesting reading. Instead, in the coming posts, I'll tell you about some of the challenges I have faced (Poland may not be the best country for a vegetarian to live in, especially in the winter), and the quirks (or maybe just differences) of Krakovian life.

No comments: