Saturday, October 13, 2007

Happy


When I was looking at some pictures a colleague took of my hiking trip last weekend in the Beskid Sadecki mountains, I realized that in in every shot, most of them taken when I wasn't aware I was being photographed, I was smiling or laughing.
Yesterday when I was talking to one of my friends in Toronto and telling her of my plans for the evening, she said that it sounded like my life was really fun. I quickly retorted that I worked a lot, but I had to concede, that, yeah, it is really fun.

And a few times in the last month I have been happy to the point of giddiness, for no particular reason. Last weekend, standing in the dark in a soft rain laughing and talking, made me so happy that I was inspired to do a little impromtu dance for the gang. Much more laughter ensued, particularly when I hit a rock mid dance move and fell over.

Life can't get much better than that.

2 comments:

M said...

Yay Erin!

Shannon Reynolds said...

I love this picture of you. I wonder how little of a face can be instantly recognized by people who know it well. My camera has face recognition software, but it needs to see much more than a slice--even to know that it's looking at a face. I'm happy that you are.