Friday, December 28, 2007

Ducks 2 Oilers 1

Sometimes I forget how much I love hockey. I guess living in Toronto for so long, where the Leafs rule, can do that to a person.

Going to the Oilers game last night in Edmonton helped me remember. Walking into the Coliseum (which will always be known as Northlands to me) was a thrill, and I acted like a giddy tourist, taking pictures of everything from the Stanley cup banners to the sparkly Oil derrick to the zambonis.

My favourite part was listening to the hockey chatter all around us. Two guys behind me kept up a constant commentary on the game, and a small boy kept asking his dad questions about the game. In front of us a slightly bigger boy quivered with excitement while constantly waving his big blue foam finger around.

It was all excellent. Of course it would have been better if the Oilers hadn't let that goal in with just over 3 minutes left in the third period.

No comments: