Sunday, June 29, 2008

Canada Day in Poland, Take 2

On Tuesday I'll be celebrating my second Canada Day in Poland. I'm trying to think of a way to celebrate it with my team, but am stuck on what to do. When I asked my American colleagues if they were going to celebrate the 4th of July here, they answered that you need a picnic with hot dog, hamburgers and fireworks to really celebrate it.

And I guess that's what a lot of you will be doing in Canada on Tuesday.

Any suggestions as to what I can do here? I am thinking of kidnapping my team for the afternoon and taking them on a picnic, albeit without hotdogs, hamburgers, or fireworks.

Obviously I need some inspiration. Help!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So what did you do on Canada day in Poland?

hex said...

Hey Sir Spidey
I ended up going to work and eating some cherries and raspberries a fellow Canadian brought in (red food I guess is symbolic of Canada), and then taking some of my team out for ice cream that evening.

I had plans to wear a Canada t-shirt and bring in a flag, but an American colleague ranted a bit about my devotion to educating the world about all things Canadian the night before, so I decided to play it a bit more low key.

Wishing you a happy independence day!