Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cat, cat, cat

Like all my houseguests, Sofie was fascinated by Flannery and Small. Most guests, however, do not run after the cats, yelling "cat, cat, cat" at the top of their lungs.

It took Sofie only a few tries to be able to pronounce Flannery correctly, but throughout the week she insisted on calling Small Tiny.

L told me yesterday that Sofie now refers to all cats as Flannery. And kisses the cat page in her animal book. Apparently Sofie's strongest memory of her trip to Poland (her father's birthplace), is of my cats.

Flannery and Small miss their petite admirer. It's not often their every move is greeted with such enthusiasm: "cat going Mama", "Mama, cat", "see cat" and my personal fav, "Who dat?" whenever a cat walked by.

And Tiny never even bit her.

2 comments:

Lor said...

Seriously, Sof just kissed my macbook screen and told me that Flannery was looking at her.

hex said...

I'll have to send you some photos of Flan that you can print out and put in Sofie's room.