Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Kazimierz Dolny

When S and I finally embarked on our abbreviated tour of Poland a few weeks ago, we headed to Kazimierz Dolny.

I'd heard a lot about Kaz D over the past few months. It is only a few hours southeast of Warsaw (to which I still haven't been), and has been an artists' haven for the last two hundred years. Plus it has fantastic architecture and is set in a lush forest on the banks of the Wisla river.



S and I spent a few days wandering happily around town, checking out the artists' workshops and buying several of their wares. We also managed to visit a few castles, climb a few hills, see a Red Army Cemetery, and get lost in a farmer's field.



All in all, I'd highly recommend it next time you are in Poland.

See more of Kazimierz Dolny and the surrounding area here.

No comments: