Monday, February 23, 2009

Family

My grandma has three children (all daughters), ten grandchildren, and fourteen (I think) great-grandchildren. In honour of her 90th birthday, many of us met in Toronto yesterday to celebrate.

Not all of us were at the party, but it was the largest gathering of the clan that I can remember. My entire immediate family (parents, two brothers, two sis-in-laws and 4 nieces) flew in from Western Canada for the festivities.

Seeing the four generations of our family in one room was fantastic: Grandma's smile was ear to ear for most of the day. Watching the tribe of great-grandchildren roar around the hall together was even better.

It took me 24 hours to get here for the party, and my luggage didn't arrive until after it was over, but I'd do it all again in a minute.

Happy Birthday Grandma!

No comments: