Sunday, April 5, 2009

Too good to be true

For the last several months, I've felt like I've been on a roller coaster.

During the first several weeks of 2009 I was focused on trying to stay in Krakow. After I received the final answer that I would be moving back to Canada this spring, I needed to concentrate on the logistics of my move, finding a new position at home, figuring out who would replace me here, and many many other details.

On top of all of that I decided to renovate my home before I return to Toronto, and I turn 40 next weekend.

Frankly, it all is a bit too much for me.

So, imagine my glee when I checked my Canadian bank account last weekend and noticed that I had received a very substantial tax refund.

The euphoria didn't last, as lately I've learned to wait before celebrating any seemingly good news.

Sure enough I got an email yesterday telling me that this wasn't my 2008 tax refund, but some repayment from the government for my dual tax payments in Canada and Poland in 2007. The email stipulated that this money is not for me, and I must promptly send a cheque off to my employer.

Back to that roller coaster . . .

No comments: