Thursday, March 22, 2007

Work permit woes

As many of you know, I have been planning to leave for Krakow on or around April 1st. Getting ready to leave by this date has been a mad rush of appointments, cleaning, sorting, packing, banking, and countless other activities.

On Monday, my work permit contact told me there would be a slight delay, but that the work permit would still be ready at the end of this week or early next week. All good.

But, as I am learning, work permits seem to have a mind of their own. My work permit has already been delayed once, and last night I found out that it's delayed again.

Arghhhhh!

The tentative new date now is April 22nd.

I'm not holding my breath.

I am going to stop telling people I am leaving. I feel like the girl who cried wolf . . .

1 comment:

Lor said...

Yay, you'll be here when Sabine & co. visits! (I'm trying to be positive for you, can you tell?)