Wednesday, April 18, 2007

One step forward . . .

Today started on a high note when I found out that the Polish government had issued my paperwork.

My coordinators were hopeful that I would receive this last week, and as result my move was originally (re)scheduled for tomorrow. However, when it didn't come in last week, the movers were pushed back to next Thursday.

I still need to get the promise of employment in my hands and then take it to the consulate here to get the correct visa.

My euphoria quickly died when I called the consulate and asked how long it would take to get a visa (I was told no more than a few days earlier).

Voice mail: Visas take two to four weeks to process.
Me: tears

When I talked to an actual person, they said it would only take a week, and when I asked if it could be any faster, she said it's possible it could be done in 1 or 2 days.

I am keeping my fingers crossed, but at the same time, I don't want to get my hopes up again.

A quick recap:
- I found out about the possibility of the job at the end of August 2006
- I got the job in the 2nd week of Oct 2006
- I visited Krakow for the first time in the first week of Nov 2006
- I was told in Nov 2006 it would take 7-8 weeks to get the work permit
- The first official date was Feb 1st 2007
- The first official delay was Jan 25 2007
- I visited Krakow for the second time Feb 2007
- The next official date was April 1st 2007
- The next official delay was announced March 21st 2007
- The move was rescheduled last week (April 12th 2007)
- Paperwork released April 18th 2007

Who knows what's next

No comments: