Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Elections and online shopping

Today I received my voter registration card for the upcoming Ontario election (my Canadian mail is forwarded to me here - just a tip if you ever want to send me a physical letter).

This will be the first election I haven't voted in since I reached the age of majority. Which is a bit of bummer. I did spend a few more minutes seeing if there was an alternate way to vote if you are out of the country, but the registration card didn't mention anything but advance poll dates.

So I guess Ontario's fate will be decided without me.

Coincidentally, Poland is also having an election in October. I have yet to see one sign for a candidate. However, one of my politically astute employees ensures me that there are some, and that there will be more soon.

So to drown my sorrows in not being able to vote in not one but two elections, I indulged in some online shopping. A month or so ago, one of my friends sent me a site that specializes in Canadian food for expats.

And although my grandma tried to talk me out of buying salt and vinegar chips (she told me I didn't need them, which is true), several bags of Miss Vickies will soon be winging their way toward me, accompanied by wine gums, jujubes and Kraft Peanut Butter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Shreddies? Jos Louis's?

DW.

Anonymous said...

Dear Erin, If you are shopping for food, your flu must be better. If I am ever in Europe for an extended time, I will try your web site. Lloyd and I love to travel and try different foods, but sometimes you just want the comfort of a BBQ hamburg or steak. We even had an egg McMuffin in Singapore! We'll send you the election results. Love Aunt Beth