Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tooth ache

The last few days I've been suffering from a tooth ache. The pain seems to be moving around the left side of my jaw, both upper and lower and is now moving into my ear. I was hoping it would just go away, because the last thing I wanted to do was brave a Polish dentist. I find visiting the Canadian ones bad enough.

However, the pain has had me wishing for some extra strength Advil (no Advil in Krakow), and popping the last of my regular strength supply. Plus the last time I ignored tooth pain, I ended up having a root canal a year later.

So after gathering dental recommendations, I was sent off to get x-rays at one location and then went to the dentist's office at 8:30 pm tonight. Apparently dentists work late in Poland. The attractive, modern office (filled with roses!) was bustling with activity when I arrived, and was still going strong when I left at 9:30.

After much poking and prodding (they had to tap and test every tooth since the location of pain was hard to pinpoint), the senior dentist (I saw two) decided that an old, very deep filling I have is probably the culprit, and that there might be infection under it.

So tomorrow afternoon I am going back. They plan to remove the filling and see what's going on underneath it.

Even with the roses, I'm not looking forward to it. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

S and N said...

Sounds double plus ungood. Best of luck. No Advil? How can you survive?

Unknown said...

I can't say "Yay! More posts!" when the posts are about pain.

Pain! Boo!