Monday, May 5, 2008

Marathon

I started running again a week or so ago. I figured it would be easier to go running in the mornings before work (ha!) then get to the gym in the evenings when all my spring and summer company is here.

So far so good. I was particularly pleased with myself yesterday when I went running in the morning, despite the rain. It wasn't until I was a few minutes into my run that I realized the Krakow marathon was on. Part of my regular running route had been blocked off for the marathon. I just slipped under the tape and ran it anyway, enjoying the admiring looks of some of the passers by. Of course the real marathon runners were long gone.

I saw many of them finishing the race a few hours later, after I had gone home, showered, eaten lunch and done various other things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you become known as the Rosie Ruiz of Krakow?

Unknown said...

Ack! Running!

Yay! More posts!