Friday, May 15, 2009

Saying goodbye

It's 11:00 pm and I'm sitting in the lobby of the Krakow Sheraton reflecting on my last day in Krakow. It is fitting that I'm staying here on my last night in Krakow. It's where I stayed on my first night here, and every other subsequent trip before moving here.

I woke up this morning with a feeling of panic, worrying about how I was going to make it through so many goodbyes today.

But I've made it without sobbing, although I felt like it several times. I walked around the Planty this morning, taking photos every few steps, then met my landlord to go through my beautiful apartment one last time.

And I made it through saying goodbye to 4 floors of people without losing my composure completely, although I teared up the very first time I said goodbye.

Tears threatened again at dinner tonight with my closest friends, but most of the time I just enjoyed their company.

I know I'll miss everything and everyone in Krakow, but I've finally said goodbye.

Note: I'm not ready to say goodbye to this blog. I've got thousands of photos to wade through, and memories associated to everyone, many of which I hope to share with you all. So more posts to come once I am back in my home and native land.

No comments: