Saturday, June 9, 2007

Flannery wants out

The only drawback with my new home is that it doesn't have any outside space. Thus far, this hasn't really been an issue for me, as I seem to be out so much anyway. Walking to and from work gets me out on weekdays, and other than the occasional downpour (not so much fun even with an umbrella and raincoat), and what seems like new blisters daily (my summer shoes are not as reliable as my Naots), I really enjoy it.

However, the last few days Flannery has taken to sitting at the front door and meowing for what seems an eternity (in reality it's probably no more than 10 minutes). A few times I have relented and let her into the outer foyer. This seems to have worked the first few times, but she now realizes that there is another door in the foyer that might lead to the outside.

Small, being a less adventurous type, is content to sit on the window seat and gaze out the window. Then she goes to sleep.

There is a small enclosed courtyard in my building,where we keep the garbage. I am wondering if I should carry my adventurous cat down there. But then I'd feel guilty about leaving Small inside, and I can't carry them both down . . .

No comments: