Saturday, June 16, 2007

Those crafty Swedes

I was at Ikea again Thursday night, buying more glasses and dishes for a small party I am having tonight, when I was excited to find pet supplies. There are several pet shops in Krakow, but the cat toys tend to be wind up mice and of the hard variety. My cats, particularly Small, love to carry their toys around with them, and then rest their chins on them.

Ikea (pronounced eee-kay-uh here) had several soft cat toys in stock, along with crazy things like cat tents, and cat loungers, which I did not purchase (although I was tempted). They even have litter boxes in a lovely shade of green!

I didn't realize until I got home that the toys actually had catnip in them. Flannery and Small spent the rest of the evening in a blissed out trance, rubbing the toys over their faces and then cuddled protectively around them.

Small is happy that she can cart toys around again. She just walked by meowing proudly to show me her toy.

No comments: