Saturday, July 28, 2007

A cleaner house

I've been having a somewhat lazy day. It's 12:34 pm and I am still in my pjs. Last night I had big plans to go to the gym this morning (I went twice last week but haven't been once yet this week), but the new Harry Potter novel arrived in the mail yesterday, and I forgot how addictive they are.

So instead of going to the gym, I spent a few hours lying in bed and reading, which has to be one of my favourite ways to spend a morning. I do miss not having a paper to read - I used to while away hours reading the newspaper on weekends. But although I miss the act of reading the paper, I somehow don't miss not knowing what's going on in the world. I rarely turn on my TV to watch the news on CNN or BBC, and even though I could access any number of news web sites, I never do. I've realized now how much of my news I used to get passively, by listening to CBC while driving to work, or listening to it while getting reading in the morning or making dinner. However, not really knowing what is going out there just doesn't bother me these days.

To justify not going to the gym, I spent a few hours cleaning my house. I am still amazed at how dirty my beautiful flat gets in just a few days. I am constantly battling the cat hair, and dust, and always losing.
Last weekend I vacuumed before having my friends over for lunch, yet their 11 month old son's white shoes were black at the toes after he crawled around for an hour or so. So today, I vacuumed then swiffered. And it's cleaner. But in two days, it will all be back.

I really need a cleaning lady.

No comments: