Thursday, May 17, 2007

Guests!

I had my first dinner guest on Tuesday night. One of my American colleagues, who is also moving to Krakow on assignment, came over to admire my apartment and be fed.

Since I haven't had any cooking utensils since I arrived in Krakow, dinner wasn't gourmet (but then it never really is when I am the one cooking). However, I broke down and bought some more pots, since one can only live with a frying pan and a microwave for so long. My stuff has been held up in Polish customs for the last 9 days, so I am not sure when I'll actually get all the kitchen things I sent anyway.

According to my guest, dinner was delicious, and I was pretty happy to be entertaining in my new home.

Tomorrow my first overnight guest comes to visit. My friend Susan flies in tomorrow afternoon before heading to Rome for a conference on Sunday.

I can hardly wait to show off Krakow!

PS - I haven't posted any pictures because my computer with my photo software is still in customs. And before you comment that I can download it to my laptop, I tried that, and I don't have the right software, and before you tell me I can download drivers to do it, I know . . . I just haven't had the time.

So, pictures soon (right now, I'd just like to have some different clothes to wear, but at least they are clean . . .).

No comments: