Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's a small world . . .

I'm in Ljubljana today and have been since Wednesday. I presented at my first European conference here on Thursday, which was a bit of a thrill, but not really much different than presenting at a conference in North America.

I did love the international aspect of it all - although there were less than 50 people attending the conference, the attendees were from multiple countries: Slovenia, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, and of course, Poland.

And it really is a small world. The key note speaker for the conference was a Canadian, (currently working in Sydney Australia), who went to the University of Waterloo at the same time I did, in the same program, and who worked with a friend of mine in Waterloo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you know that they have to renovate the "Small world" ride because the boats keep bottoming out in some places?

Oh...and..Yay! More Posts!