Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Really, I'm an adult . . .

But you wouldn't know it when my parents come to town.

I love it when my parents visit me, just as I love going home to visit them.

Last night I got home from work sometime after 7 and dinner was ready! Then after dinner my mom cleaned up, while I lay on the couch and chatted with my dad. At one point I asked her what she was doing (knowing full well that she was cleaning up), and felt guilty about it, but not guilty enough to actually get up off the couch and help.

I am a lazy, terrible person, but sometimes it's really nice to have your dinner waiting for you when you get home from work. Lately I've been so tired after work that I can barely make instant oatmeal for myself.

She's already planned tonight's menu.

Thanks Mom!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! More posts!

S and N said...

You will always be a child to your parents (as my parents keep reminding me). It's so nice to have them to lean on sometimes. Enjoy it, Hex.

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin, I'll try to learn some vegetarian cooking when we come. Maybe some nights we'll all eat out. Depends on how much touring we do in the day. Eva and I have a great system- I cook and she cleans up. Works for us both!! Say Hi to Mom and Dad. Happy almost birthday. Do you have any special requests for things from Canada? ( not too big and heavy). Love Aunt beth