Wednesday, April 30, 2008

One year in Krakow

Exactly one year ago today I landed in Krakow to begin my life in Poland.

I just got home from celebrating this anniversary with my team, who are the entire reason for me being here. When I moved to Krakow last year there were 4 of them and today there are 12. Three of the original four have moved to new positions, so I've hired 11 new writers over the past year.

I can't say enough good things about my team. They help me navigate daily Polish life, and brighten my days with their youthful enthusiasm (more than half the team is under the age of 26), and are always game for whatever I throw at them, including pumpkin carving, easter egg hunts and playing ultimate.

And although they sometimes can't contain their laughter at my Polish pronunciation, they constantly try to help me in my attempts to learn the Polish language.

Tonight one asked me what was the hardest thing I've encountered in my year here, and I couldn't really think of anything to say. When another asked me if I had any regrets about moving, I answered honestly, "No".

They'll probably never read this, but I want to thank them anyway for making my first year in Krakow fantastic. Thanks team, I couldn't have done it without you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay team!

Yay! More posts!